Auctions are held annually in the autumn, with the main auctions in Dolgellau, Bala Llanrwst, Bryncir, Gaerwen and Ruthin. Ram auctions also held in October for those farmers who want to improve their stock and introduce new blood to their flocks. The rams are sold by members of the society’s county branches and draft ewes sales are also held on the dates shown.
Jones Peckover @ Oswestry
Farmers Marts @ Dolgellau www.farmersmarts.co.uk
16/10/2020 Ceredigion & Maldwyn
21/10/2020 Cerrigydrudion @ Bala
23/10/20 Meirionydd, Ceredigion & Maldwyn (2nd Sale)
30/10/20 Meirionydd, Ceredigion & Maldwyn (2nd Sale)
J Bradburn Price @ Llanrwst (01492) 6406933
(Llanrwst rules only; )
· Every ram to arrive before 9am. YOU MUST HAVE THE LOT NUMBER BEFORE LEAVING THE FARM.
· Rams to be EID checked in the trailer before unloading
You will receive an email with a number. You must print this email and bring it with you as your entry pass for up to 2 persons. NO PASS = NO ENTRY.
· Only one member from each farm will be allowed Access to the ring.
Welsh Mountain Sheep Society Statement.
We fully appreciate that we all enjoy attending the Autumn Ram sales. This year, we are to operate in unchartered waters. For the Health and safety of every person attending any sale, we have to implement changes from previous years. The sale will be held according to the current Welsh Government guidelines and restrictions regarding the current COVID 19 pandemic.
· Visitors should be kept to an absolute minimum, only those registered for the sale/purchase of rams. Purchaser spaces will be limited therefore please register your interest as soon as possible with the marts.
· Please maintain social distancing at all times and use the hand sanitising facilities provided at the market.
· Please wear a face covering and gloves.
· If you are over 70 year old or considered in the ‘at risk category’, please consider carefully if you personally must attend.
· DO NOT ATTEND if you have symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms.
· You will need to comply with the auctioneers Track and Trace system.
· No under 16's
· No private videoing/broadcasting on Social media, or phones etc in the pens or ring
· Please follow instructions from market staff
Please ensure to keep up to date with current guidelines that may have occurred since this statement. If in any doubt contact the Auctioneers.
Farmers Marts Ltd
2nd October (Ewe & Lamb)
If you have any queries, please contact us: 07738 256861